The Student Board Member plays a vital role within PCC’s Board of Directors and the organization, serving as a representative and advocate for other students. This position entails actively participating in board meetings, providing valuable insights and perspectives, and contributing to the organization’s decision-making process. The Student Board Member will work closely with other board members, PCC leadership, and other staff to ensure that the PCC mission is upheld and that student interests are effectively represented.
- Attend all scheduled board meetings and actively participate in discussions
- Prepare for board meetings by reviewing meeting materials, reports and relevant documents
- Provide input on matters related to policies, programming and organizational strategy
- Advocate for student needs and concerns during board discussions
- Collaborate with other board members to make informed decisions that align with PCC’s mission
- Stay informed about current issues affecting higher education and student communities
- Must be a currently enrolled student in an accredited college or university
- Commitment to upholding PCC’s mission statement and core values
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in campus or community involvement
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Availability to attend regular board meetings (quarterly)
Note: This position requires a two-year commitment from the selected candidate.
Interested candidates must submit a formal application by emailing PCC at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a resume or CV highlighting their college career, along with a short cover letter explaining their interest in joining PCC’s Board of Directors and their alignment with PCC’s mission.
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee composed of board members, PCC leadership, and other student representatives. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview with a current Board member before the final decision is made. All applications must be submitted by Monday, Oct. 23, 2023 for consideration.