Illinois Equity in Attainment Initiative (ILEA) member institutions subscribe to a core set of beliefs that are foundational to how we understand our role in addressing the college completion crisis on our campuses.
ILEA colleges & universities believe:
- Colleges and universities are responsible for graduating all degree seeking students efficiently, and consistent with supporting students’ short and long-term goals
- All students can graduate with the right information, tools, and supports
- Racial and socioeconomic completion gaps are unacceptable and should be eliminated
- Solutions and resources exist to close the equity gaps in higher education
- The actions that colleges take or fail to take as it relates to student persistence and completion matters to students’ overall trajectory in college